Camino Photographic Competition Prizes
1st Prize: R2500
2nd Prize: R1500
3rd Prize: R750
Camino Photographic Competition Rules
- The competition is open to paid up members of the Confraternity of St. James of South Africa (CSJofSA) only.
- Please note that your membership is only valid if renewed your membership after October 2015 and paid the R100 for a 3 year
- A total of 13 photographs will be selected for the calendar (1 for each month and 1 for the cover) by an independent panel of judges.
- Participants must use the competition entry form to enter.
- A maximum of three photographs per participant may be submitted. The ﬁrst 3 will be entered and the rest discarded.
- All photographs submitted will be deemed the property of the CSJofSA and will not be returned to the participant.
- All photographs submitted must have been taken by the participant or his/her companion, whilst walking any of the Camino routes in
Spain, Portugal, France or the Via Frangicena Via Francisco in Italy between 2010 and 2017.
- Photos to be submitted via email to: Ina du Plessis, firstname.lastname@example.org With Camino 2017 Photo Competition in the subject line.
- Submit in “Medium 1024 x 768” Preferred format .jpg
- Rename the photo with the following information: Your name and contact number, if you submit more than 1 photo – Photo 1,
Photo 2, Photo 3.
- In the body of the e-mail provide us with the date and place where the photograph was taken on the Camino as well as a short
description of the scene. As well as the required entry information.
- Should you experience difficulty in renaming or submitting via email you may contact Ina for assistance.
- The deadline for entries is 30 September 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
- The prize winners and those whose photos which will be selected for the calendar will be contacted during October/ November 2017.
- Results of the competition, ordering details and cost of the Camino 2018 Calendars will be communicated by e-mail and later on, on
the CSJofSA website.
- The winning photographs (top thirteen) will be part of the 2018 calendar.
- The judges’ decision will be ﬁnal and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Personal details of participants will only be used in the administration of this competition, and will not be published or distributed to
any third party without the permission of the photographer.
- Participants must be willing to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so. The prizes may only be taken as stated and
cannot be deferred.
- You must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted
for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- By submitting your photographs to the CSJofSA you agree to grant the CSJofSA free of charge the right to publish and the right to
license others to publish the photograph online and in all media as required.
- If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware they were being photographed and permission should be
obtained from all involved (or their parents/guardians if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in a competition. If it is
clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way in any entry we receive, the
CSJofSA holds the right to disqualify the entry.
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- The competition is not open to the Executive Committee (Exco) of the CSJofSA or any persons involved in the running of the
competition, or their immediate family members.
- The CSJofSA reserve the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise
outside its control.
- If a winning participant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the CSJofSA reserves the
right to oﬀer the prize to the next best entry.
- The CSJofSA reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules.