Camino Photo Competition Prizes
1st Prize: A prize to the value of R3500
2nd Prize: A prize to the value of R2500
3rd Prize: A prize to the value of R1500
Entry Form Download: Photo Competition Form 2021
- The competition is open to paid up members of the Confraternity of St. James of South Africa (CSJofSA) only.
- Please note that if you did not renew your membership after December 2018 and paid the R100 three year membership fee, your membership has lapsed.
- A total of 13 photographs will be selected for the calendar (1 for each month and 1 for the cover) by an independent panel of judges.
- Participants must use and submit the attached competition entry form with their photo to enter.
- A maximum of ONE photograph per participant may be submitted. The ﬁrst one will be entered and the rest discarded.
- All photographs submitted will be deemed the property of the CSJofSA and will not be returned to the participant.
- All photographs submitted must have been taken by the participant or his/her companion, whilst walking any of the Camino routes in Spain, Portugal, France, or the Via Frangicena in Italy between 2015 and 2021.
- The deadline for entries is 30 September 2021. No late entries will be accepted.
- The winning photographs will be part of the 2022 calendar.
- The judges’ decision will be ﬁnal and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Personal details of participants will only be used in the administration of this competition, and will not be published or distributed to any third party without the permission of the photographer.
- Participants must be willing to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so.
- You must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- By submitting your photographs to the CSJofSA you agree to grant the CSJofSA free of charge the right to publish and the right to license others to publish the photographs.
- If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware they were being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parents/guardians if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in a competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way in any entry we receive, the CSJofSA holds the right to disqualify the entry.
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- The competition is not open to the Executive Committee (Exco) of the CSJofSA or any persons involved in the running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
- The CSJofSA reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside its control.
- The prize winners and those with photos selected for the calendar will be notified during Oct / Nov 2021
- If a winning participant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the CSJofSA reserves the right to oﬀer the prize to the next best entry.
- Results of the competition, ordering details and cost of the Camino 2022 Calendars will be communicated by e-mail and via the CSJofSA website.
- The CSJofSA reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules.
Photo Competition Closes 30th September, 2021
Email to Ina du Plessis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for entries is 30 September 2021.